Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 22, 2007

What I Seen In The Republican Debate

For the record, last night was the first time in a long while that I was really impressed with a debate. So let me get straight to the point. For the first time I'm sounding off on what I think of each candidate. Note that I am not telling you to support or pushing support for any these candidates but analyzing how I feel about their positions and qaulifications to be a leader we need.

Rudy Giuliani kicked ass. There is no doubt about it. He was concise, straight to the point, and handled every question and attack with ease. For the first time in this entire race I seen a leader step out of the heard, and that was Giuliani.

Thompson did better than he did in the last debate. I think that he was only able to come in full swing at the very beginning and the very end of the debate. Thompson attacked Giuliani and Romney's "conservative credentials" and reaffirmed his constitution first beliefs and superiority to the others in the debate. I think Thompson has one problem though. He carries no presence. He is not the great communicator that many made him out to be in the first place and unlike Romney or Giuliani, the confidence is not there. I'm not sure that he is what we need in this country.

Ron Paul. What can I say about him that hasn't already been said? He's an isolationist, an anti-interventionist and is exactly the person we DO NOT need in the White House. His positions which seek out blaming the American military for everything under the sun and his whiny peace rants only demonstrate the empty for rent loft between his ears.

Romney got lost in Giuliani's shadow but he also did extremely well. His Health Care plan beats the pants off of Hillary care. Rather than forcing the uninsured and those who purchase their own health insurance onto some government waiting list, which the politicians would be separate from, Romney's plan allows people to buy into their own private insurance at a market level and allow for separate funds to be set up for those in need. You manage your care and decide what's best for you rather than Hillary care which tells you what's best for you.

I respect McCain for his service to this country, but I just don't trust him. I get flashbacks of 2000 and remember his pairing with Hillary and he isn't convincing me with his supposed life long conservatism rants. Something doesn't click.

Tancredo was able to branch out of the stereotype of him being a one issue candidate. He didn't do anything wrong but I feel that he felt like a fish out of water on these issues. If it wasn't regarding immigration or education he just didn't seem that proficient on the issue.

Duncan Hunter spoke very well with his support for Mirror Trade. I am so happy to finally hear someone from the right say something from the right when it comes to trade rather than the same NAFTA bull. If they supposedly support a competitive market place and capitalism why would they allow for anything other than a level playing field for our companies to compete on against foreign companies. I say if they charge a 19% tariff on our exports, we do the same if not more on theirs.

Huckabee has no chance of winning but I feel he would also make a great run against Hillary. He's conservative, in the sense of actually being against big government and entitlements, and knows exactly what this country is faced with. He reminds me a lot of Reagan but I doubt that he could ever pull off capturing the nomination.

No comments: